Thursday, September 24, 2009

An Interview with Jimmy Jean-Louis The Haitian

LotsofInterviews.com conducted an interview with Jimmy Jean-Louis who plays The Haitian in Heroes. Read some of the questions asked as well as his answers.

Do you know why your character wasn’t in the last volume of Heroes?

Why wasn’t he there? Maybe they didn’t need him to be there. It’s always difficult to explain the gaps. As you know by now the Haitian comes back and disappears and then comes back and disappears but when he comes back it’s always for a very important reason, so I believe that if the writers can’t find a good reason to bring him back, they don’t bring him back, so that’s probably why they just let him be because as you know his powers are just so strong that they can not really be in play all the time, unfortunately for me.

Have you shot any scenes with the new cast members?

I’ve shot some scenes with Gretchen, Madeline Zima, but I haven’t shot anything with Robert Knepper yet.

Can you tell us anything else about your character in the next season?

You are finally going to find out what his name is and the other cast members will be calling me by my name, and you will hear it in the first half of the season.

What would you like to see your character do more of?

I would like to explore him a little bit more, I would like people to know what he’s up to when he’s not with Mr Bennet, when he’s not there to erase somebody’s memories, I would like him to have a personal life. And I know we did explore some of that when we went to Haiti but we haven’t looked at his life in America, we don’t know what he’s up to. You don’t know if he has kids, has a wife or a girlfriend, we don’t know what he does when he’s not working for the company. I would love the audience to know a little bit about him. But is that going to happen? I don’t know but that’s the direction I would like him to go because even though he’s very powerful, he’s very mysterious I think that he must be a pretty cool dude as well to bring that element.

Are you happy to be back working on the show?

Oh I’m very excited to still be part of the show. It’s been four seasons and when I first started working on the show I thought I was going to be there for half a season so four years later I’m still part of it so yeah it’s great. And the show is still a very good show, the ratings might be a bit less over here but the quality of the show still remains very good, it’s still one of the top shows, so for an actor to be in a show like Heroes it’s easy and it’s not easy to be part of any TV show. And you know down the line the show will stay in people’s
minds, will be in the history of television just because it brought something new to TV.

To read more of this interview check out this link. We're glad to know that at the end of this season we'll know the Haitian's name.

No comments: